Artificial intelligence (AI) is a multidisciplinary field of science and engineering whose goal is to create intelligent machines.
We believe that AI will be a force multiplier on technological progress in our increasingly digital, data-driven world. This is
because everything around us today, ranging from culture to consumer products, is a product of intelligence.
The State of AI Report is now in its fourth year. Consider this Report as a compilation of the most interesting things we’ve seen with a goal of triggering an informed conversation about the state of AI and its implication for the future.
We consider the following key dimensions in our report:
- Research: Technology breakthroughs and their capabilities.
- Talent: Supply, demand and concentration of talent working in the field.
- Industry: Areas of commercial application for AI and its business impact.
- Politics: Regulation of AI, its economic implications and the emerging geopolitics of AI.
- Predictions: What we believe will happen in the next 12 months and a 2020 performance review to keep us honest.